A big thank you to all that took part, and that put in a full days shift on a warm, sunny day.
It was all very enjoyable and everyone worked very well together, making things a pleasure rather than a chore.
All that hard work ensured that a number of important jobs were carried out before the late afternoon downpour. These included:
- The cutting up and transportation of fencing strainers;
- Fencing around our 1st tree planting area, and the building of an access style;
- Tree husbandry (ensuring that all the trees were watered, growing happily, properly staked and protected);
- Two coats of Preservative Treatment being applied to the two Picnic Benches;
- The building of a temporary ramp up to the Storage Container;
- Some Grass cutting of the village verges; and the
- Walking of the proposed Keose Glebe/Keose boundary wall walk.
In addition the day gave an opportunity to test the new estate vehicle in practical operation. All present were very happy with how it performed.
A big thank you too to Ann Carmichael for her fantastic lunch provision and hospitality, to Donna for her drinks and snacks, to Louise for sticking with us, and to Douglas for giving up his time on a Saturday for a very wet walk in the rain.
414 total views, 9 views today